To celebrate Hot Wheels, they hit the road and held real-life car shows in Walmart carparks at 18 locations around the USA to find the next car to be immortalized as a Hot Wheels vehicle.
"In case you missed the 2018 Legends Tour, it was EPIC! We’re talkin’ over 65,000+ attendees, 3600+ car entries, 15 finalists and one outrageous winner! Now what? Let’s do it again! Hot Wheels® is hitting the road once again with the nationwide traveling car show in search of a custom car worthy of becoming a Hot Wheels® die-cast car! And in true challenger spirit, we’re making this year bigger with more stops to give even more fans the chance to see their car immortalized as a Hot Wheels® die-cast car.
One finalist from each of the 18 cities will join us at SEMA 2019 in Las Vegas, where one lucky winner will be immortalized as a Hot Wheels Legend and get made into a die-cast car sold around the world. Don’t miss this epic event!"
The vehicles were judged in three categories:
- Authenticity - "Have you ever seen a car and said, “That looks like a Hot Wheels?” We’re looking for that radical ride that nails the amazing performance."
- Creativity - "We’ve made over 25,000 unique vehicle models in the past 50 years, so we’re looking for something with unique details that stands out."
- Garage Spirit - "It’s built, not bought, just like Hot Wheels. We’re looking to see some elbow grease that exemplifies the challenger spirit it took to build."
- Jose Lugo - Stop #1 Winner
- Ron Fehring - Stop #2 Winner
- Freddy Quintero - Stop #3 Winner
- Greg Salzillo - Stop #4 WinnerWinner
- Chad Martin - Stop #5 Winner
- Bob Colfer - Stop #6 Winner
- Mike Calderone - Stop #7 Winner
- Paul Jurewicz - Stop #8 Winner
- Steve Zettle - Stop #9 Winner
- Calvin Lutz - Stop #10 Winner
- Byron Burnham - Stop #11 Winner
- Jeff Kurtz - Stop #12 Winner
- Chris Odom - Stop #13 Winner
- Ronald How - Stop #14 Winner
- Bill Henry - Stop #15 Winner
- Carlo Uribe - Stop #16 Winner
- Justin Cashmore - Stop #17 Winner
- Rick O'Donnell - Stop #18 Winner