In case you missed it, the 2019 Legends Tour was EPIC! We’re talkin’ 110,000+ attendees, almost 5,000 car entries, 18 finalists, and one outrageous winner, The Nash! Now what? We’re hitting the road again in search of a custom car worthy of becoming a Hot Wheels die-cast car.
One finalist from each of the 18 cities will join us at SEMA 2020 in Las Vegas, where one winning design will be inducted into the Hot Wheels Garage of Legends — and turned into a 1:64 die-cast car sold nationwide in stores. Don't miss the fun when the Hot Wheels™ Legends Tour comes to a Walmart near you!
The vehicles were judged in three categories:
- Authenticity - "Have you ever seen a car and said, “That looks like a Hot Wheels?” We’re looking for that radical ride that nails the amazing performance."
- Creativity - "We’ve made over 25,000 unique vehicle models in the past 50 years, so we're looking for something with unique details that stands out from the rest."
- Garage Spirit - "It’s built, not bought, just like Hot Wheels®. We're looking to see some elbow grease that exemplifies the challenger spirit it took to build."
- Due to the pandemic situation, the whole tour was switched to an online format, where each competitor recorded a video showcasing its vehicle, and the judges would choose a finalist during a livestream.
- All the livestreams were made on Facebook.
- One of the finalists was chosen by the fans via an Instagram poll.