For the 50th Anniversary, Hot Wheels released several special series including the 50th Anniversary Originals Series (sometimes called 'Replica Redlines'). It features five cars in Spectraflame Paint which were packaged on a card representing the original cards from 1968 and also featured a metal Collectors Button. Each car was adorned with the 50th Anniversary logo on the side.
Although this series is representative of the 'Sweet 16' from 1968, none of the vehicles are the exact same castings.
The following vehicles were used in the 50th Anniversary Originals Series:
|Col #||Toy #||Casting Name||Color||Wheel Type||Notes||Photo - Car||Photo - Card||Photo - Button|
|1/5||FTX84||1968 Cougar||Spectraflame Yellow||RL||Opening Hood|
Base code(s): L02,L05
|2/5||FTX85||Volkswagen Beetle||Spectraflame Purple||RL||Base code(s): L03|
|3/5||FTX86||'67 Camaro||Spectraflame Aqua||RL||Opening Hood|
Base code(s): L02
|4/5||FTX87||Custom '67 Mustang||Spectraflame Red||RL||Base code(s): L02|
|5/5||FTX88||'67 HEMI Barracuda||Spectraflame Green||RL||Base code(s): L03|
- The 1968 Cougar casting debuted in 2002 and is representing the Custom Cougar . It uses a version of the casting which has an opening hood which was first used in 2009.
- The Volkswagen Beetle casting debuted in 1989 and is representing the Custom Volkswagen.
- The '67 Camaro casting debuted in 1983 and is representing the Custom Camaro. It uses a version of the casting with door handles which was first used in 2017.
- The Custom '67 Mustang casting debuted in 1998 and is representing the Custom Mustang. It uses a version of the casting without the opening hood which was first used in 2010.
- The '67 HEMI Barracuda casting debuted in 2006 and is representing the Custom Barracuda .
- 25th Anniversary Series: A similar commemorative series of vehicles on replica cards.
- Vintage Series: A continuation of the 25th Anniversary Series.
- Hot Wheels 30th Anniversary: A series of vehicles replicating one car from each year of 1968 to 1997, including replica cards.