Reverb was introduced in the AcceleRacers series. Gifted to him by the Teku in an extreme act of sportmanship and good will, Vert Wheeler takes ownership of this vehicle in Breaking Point. Initially armed with Jump Jets and Nitrox 2, Reverb is later equipped with a Nitrox 2 afterburner by Dr. Peter Tezla. The vehicle, with Vert piloting and Sparky riding shotgun, engages in a chase with Gelorum's RD-09 in the Racing Realms. Reverb's last destination was the Silencerz headquarters, where it was commandeered by the Silencerz. Post-AcceleRacers era, Reverb has made various appearances in different Hot Wheels media (and has even spawned the creation of another Hot Wheels model: The Hypertruck).
- 1100 HP
- Forged exoskeleton aluminum body
- 7 liter beryllium DOHC V12
- 20' front wheels / 22' back wheels
- Every Racing Realm in existence
This car's tooling has been updated in 2012. The logo detail in the bottom of the interior was removed, and the base no longer has a hole for it. The front details on the base have been flattened, and the front wheels are now smaller. It is now made in Thailand instead of Malaysia.
The Reverb has come out in the following 1/64 scale versions:
|Year||Series||Color||Tampo||Base Color||Window Color||Interior Color||Wheel Type||Toy #||Country||Notes / Variations||Photo|
|2005||Acceleracers||Dark Blue||Teku and #7||Zamac||Orange||Chrome||Teku CM6||G8095||Malaysia|
|2005||Acceleracers||Light Blue||Teku and #7||Zamac||Orange||Chrome||Teku CM6||G8095||Malaysia|
|2007||WWE||Green||Red/Black "Rock" Tampo||Zamac||Smoked||Gold chrome||Gold PR5||L4698||Malaysia||Represents Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in the WWE Series.|
|2007||The Dreamz Zephyr Foundation||Red||White stars, "Dreamz" logo on the sides||Black painted Zamac||Smoked||Chrome||PR5||Malaysia||Employee exclusive. Only 350 made.|
|2008||Birthday (Wal-Mart)||Red||Yellow, red and black lines, honeycomb pattern in the sides, hood and top.||Zamac||Yellow||Chrome||OH5||N1157||Malaysia|
|Chrome||Red and light blue flames, "8" on sides.||Zamac||Light Blue||Metalflake Gray||Red 5SP||P2386||Malaysia||First in mainline. Also included in the 2010 Smash Up Speedway trackset.|
|Trackset (?)||Chrome||Light Red and light blue flames, "8" and HW Logo on sides.||Zamac||Dark Blue||Metalflake Grey||5SP||China||
Similar to the 2009 version. First retooled release.
Base code(s): 1806EAA
|2012||Super Loop Trackset||Red||Yellow, red and black lines in the sides.||Zamac||Yellow||Chrome||OH5||Thailand||Similar to the 2008 version, lacks the honeycomb pattern and the tampos in the hood and top. |
|5pk||2013||Vertical Velocity 5||Green||Black and white tampos, light blue "09" decal.||Zamac||Clear||Chrome||Gold Rim Black PR5||X9845||Thailand||Base code(s): F09|
|2014||Mystery Models (Europe exclusive)||Purple||Black and white tampos, dark gold "09" decal.||Zamac||Clear||Gold chrome||Gold Rim Black PR5||Thailand||Base code(s):|
- Just like most AcceleRacers cars, Reverb's earliest casting was a prototype made of raw ZAMAC and Barbie plastic featuring clear windows. It was sold at Mattel's 2008 charity auction.
- An early version of Reverb was driven by Mark Wylde during a test animation by DQ Entertainment Ltd. It can be seen racing against other Reverbs featuring unused color schemes.
- Reverb was supposed to appear in the 2006 Acceleracers Accelerons series. However, plans were changed and only a single prototype was made.
- An alternate concept version of the 2006 Reverb can be seen in the 2006 German catalog. The only differences are the color swap between orange and purple, and the lack of pink rings on the wheels. It was just a promotional art and never made it to production.
- Reverb was playable in the 2011 online game Hot Wheels: Racing Circuit. Despite being customizable, it heavily resembles the 2010 Trackset version due to its liveries.