Hello, and welcome to the Hot Wheels Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the File:Ford Fiestaa.png page.
Chances are, if you're here, you love Hot Wheels like we do. That's why we like to greet new users personally and provide a few handy suggestions to get them up to speed on how this particular wiki operates. In no time at all, you'll be helping to add to the knowledge base. And now for the tips:
- When leaving messages on discussion pages, always finish them by typing ~~~~. This automatically adds your username to the comment so everyone will know who it came from, and when.
- When making edits to pages, please leave a short note as to what it was you did. There is a space at the bottom of each page you're editing just for this feature. This helps the other users and the administrators so that they can know at a glance any new changes. You can see all the new changes yourself by clicking on the "recent changes" link found on the left of every page.
- You should always try to make new pages look like the pages already created. That way, they will all look uniform and the information they contain will always be in the same place. This makes it easier on everybody to find things.
- For information about how to do wiki-related things, check out the FAQ for more tricks.
- If you would like tips on photographing Hot Wheels, just about anything you might need to know can be found by clicking on this link: Tips On How To Photograph Hot Wheels.
Enjoy the Hot Wheels Wiki!
Picture coding in tables and galleries
See Help:Images page for more tips on how to code pictures here. The coding on the the pictures you added to the Ollie Rocket page needed fixing - any questions just ask, here or on the Community forum. Mach 5 (talk) 17:37, July 8, 2018 (UTC)
Link formatting - internal vs external
Looks like you got image formatting down. Internal links should be formatted as such. See the difference in editing mode - Mail-In (Europe) and Mail-In (Europe). Mach 5 (talk) 00:49, February 2, 2019 (UTC)
- The main reason is that I feel the page looks more visually appealing without them. With the date codes link, I don't think it makes sense to link one "Date Code(s):" and leave the rest unlinked. But linking all of them can make some blend in with the new model or treasure hunt links. I also think it's unnecessary (like how we don't link to Cast Number on every model page). I realise that my reasons are subjective, and I don't really want to cause any trouble, but I hope you at least understand where I'm coming from. Napshare (talk) 06:11, December 20, 2019 (UTC)
- You say that I'm the only one to think this way, but from what I've seen, you're also the only one adding the skip line command and date codes links. Also, since when is it necessary to link to the date codes page on every casting page? If it is necessary, why aren't we linking to the cast number page? And like I said, linking only one or two "Date Code(s):" seems very inconsistent. Napshare (talk) 05:44, December 21, 2019 (UTC)
- If I am the only one doing it, well somebody has to so. About date codes for sure it's necessary, the whole purpose of Hot Wheels fandom is information, so the more, the best. About cast number page you are welcome to put links in every page in need of it. And to finish it at all I will ask again DO NOT undo my work, or I will talk about you with a moderator.Tonny6660 (talk) 15:35, December 22, 2019 (UTC)
- I still don't understand why you see your way as the 'right' way. From my viewpoint, you're the one who always undoes my edits. Napshare (talk) 06:54, December 23, 2019 (UTC)
undoing admin edits
- Could you just explain why you created multiple pages for each year's release of the same mini collection? I keep seeing you complain about how certain edits are redundant (such as categories for each series), yet the mini collection pages seem to be extremely redundant themselves. And just as another minor thing, is there any reason why you're removing the the skip line command in the Col# for casting pages? Napshare (talk) 09:43, January 20, 2020 (UTC)