- 1 Stolen images
- 2 Naming of images
- 3 Awesome job
- 4 Wedge Dragster
- 5 Boa noite
- 6 Ford Vicky. David Marconi 05:36, December 18, 2017 (UTC)
- 7 Gallery:
- 8 Respondendo. David Marconi 00:34, December 20, 2017 (UTC)
- 9 Thanks for your cleanup the Special Liveries page.
- 10 2018 Treasure Hunting
- 11 casting table standards
- 12 HELP
- 13 Circus Cats
- 14 grammar
- 15 Customs in Galleries
- 16 Toy # under versions
- 17 Links - Internal vs external
- 18 Do not move my series pages
- 19 Category Help
- 20 American Steel
- 21 Collector Number
- 22 2010 version entries
- 23 '68 Chevy Nova
- 24 Different card number for newly added F-150
- 25 Do not change formatting
- 26 Toy#
- 27 The Porsche Formula E Gen 2 Car
- 28 Blue Table Headers
- Hello my friend. I really don't know what you are talking about, I never entered in the mentioned web site and never took images from there. I really want to know The images you say I took from there.Tonny6660 (talk) 09:57, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- I deleted the pics you added for Doctor Strange. Those are directly from the newsletter. Many of the pics you added are directly from the newsletter, like Captain America. If you continue to add copyrighted pictures that you do not own or have permission to use, you will be moderated. This is a test 86 (talk) 16:14, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Please delete the stolen pics from the Hot Wheels newsletter website (hwcollectorsnews dot com) on the following pages - Black Panther, Captain America, Deadpool, Valkyrie, Spider-Man (2017), Red Skull, Black Panther (2018), Drax the Destroyer, Nebula, Iron Man, Iron Man Mark 50, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Groot, Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk, Ultron, Falcon, Rhino, Thor, Gamora, Spider-Man, and any others I've missed. This is a test 86 (talk) 17:43, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Ok. I can delete them all. Some of them were already there before I signed in at this wikia, like in Drax the Destroyer, Red Skull, Spider-Man (some), Captain America (some), Hulk, Ultron, Rhino. Just take a look on revision history of those pages. I hope those that put these images have received a warning too.Tonny6660 (talk) 23:38, April 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Are you sure? You added the following images on these dates. Drax (24/3/18), Red Skull (12/9/17), Spider-Man (16/2/18), Captain America most recently (25/3/18), and Hulk (23/2/18, 12/3/18). Fernando Pandha will be moderated even though he hasn't posted since 2016. This is a test 86 (talk) 15:31, April 18, 2018 (UTC)
- You are right I added those images on those pages. Some of them already were at Marvel Character Cars before I signed in. I signed in almost a year ago but I use the Hot Wheels wikia as source of information more than 5 years, so I know what I'm talking about. By the way the images from that website don't have any kind of ©, at least I did not see any. And to put an end to this unpleasant talk: I will delete them all, posted by me or anyone else, in any page here.Tonny6660 (talk) 23:22, April 18, 2018 (UTC)
Naming of images
Hi Tonny6660, I noticed that you added an image to the '13 Ford Mustang GT page. Please, give your images descriptive names. So "IMG_20160221_195055.jpg" is not a correct name. Images with a faulty named will be deleted. Please think about that. Stephan3321 (talk) 14:42, September 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for this advice Stephan3321 but the said image is not mine, it's already on 2016 list and I thought would be no problem using it, as I also did with '70/71 Plymouth AAR Cuda. By the way there lots of images with incorrect names all over the wikia. And I name my images using casting name, 'collection code' and what more is needed to properly identify any model.
Hi Tony, you are doing an amazing job! Seperating the character cars by year is something that stood on my to-do-list for a long time. Thank you for your wonderfull edits. Stephan3321 (talk) 06:53, October 11, 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you Stephan, I'm doing my best to improve this Wikia. By the way those cars released based on the characters from the franchise Cars are considered Hot Wheels or not? They are also released by Mattel
Olá Tonny6660, tenho sempre aprendido muito depois que comecei a cadastrar minha coleção Hot Wheels 1:64 e tenho tomado o mair cuidado para não ser chamado a atenção pois já fui suspenço uma vez por tentar adicionar uma foto e sem querer cometi um ato de "vandalismo" lojico. Mais introduzir uma foto sem editar o nome do arquivo, essa foi boa para mim. Já usei fotos já postada por outro colaboradores, mais sempre que posso atualizo o nome do email@example.com 23:43, December 3, 2017 (UTC). firstname.lastname@example.org 23:45, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Olá David, uma sugestão para você cadastrar sua coleção seria fazer um arquivo no Word ou no Excel, onde poderiam ser imagens e outros dados. Eu criei dois arquivos no Word, um eu separo por ano e no outro por modelo. Em relação as fotos, eu sempre faço da seguinte maneira, por exemplo: 67 Mustang (X0000) ou 69 Mustang 01. Se necessário eu adiciono algum outro detalhe tipo as rodas ou o vidro, que de vez enquanto variam.Tonny6660 (talk) 14:28, December 6, 2017 (UTC)
Ford Vicky. David Marconi 05:36, December 18, 2017 (UTC)
Hello Tonny 6660, beautiful collection of Classic '32 Ford Vicky.
Respondendo. David Marconi 00:34, December 20, 2017 (UTC)
Okay, I'll be more attentive.David Marconi 00:34, December 20, 2017 (UTC)
Hi Tonny. I do not see any problem when you alert me and leave me reversing some issues plus the accretion of this category is correct given that this car is there as delivery. I am a passionate collector of Hot Wheels and I learn and have a lot of fun here on this wiki. Always count on me, I will always be attentive to your ips. I reinterpret my goals of not harming. (Undo revision 221122 by David.marconi1 (talk) this is NOT a delivery vehicle)David Marconi 01:56, January 26, 2018 (UTC)
OK.David Marconi 18:48, January 28, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for your cleanup the Special Liveries page.
Hi Tonny. Thanks again for your continuous cleanups to Special Liveries page and completely puts all those image placeholders for the missing ones (finally ^^).--Julthep (talk) 05:30, January 17, 2018 (UTC)
2018 Treasure Hunting
casting table standards
- Hello Mach 5. I understand what you are saying, but I think there's no problem doing it, because those columns are useless on DC Universe Character Cars case. Since their first release thy did not have any collector number at all.Tonny6660 (talk) 00:17, February 8, 2018 (UTC)
Hi Tnny. I need your help, I was just going to make a small edit in List_of_2000_Hot_Wheels, and the spreadsheet simply duplicates every item every time I try to view that edition. I do not know what to do anymore, I tried to redo all the source code and nothing. I did not mean it. You guide me or you can even return to normal. Thank you in advance for all you can do to help me. Also try to associate what I wrote to what happened, because this is not my language, I use an English translation. David Marconi 03:57, February 8, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, Tonny. I do not think you should have seen my message in time to come to my rescue. No problem, I almost lost my night's sleep, but I managed to get better. David Marconi 11:24, February 8, 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for trying to update an image the worksheet was detonated. I was renting to recover when you saved me.
|Resumo:||Undo a edit, returning Hot Trucks to a proper display|
David Marconi 02:25, February 28, 2018 (UTC)
It was great, I found an image of the 67 Camaro, very rare will be this item Hot Wheels, well the saleswoman in the store told me "- When I opened the box a customer jumped and took the two that had and took it on time." As I catch the others, I complete the table.David Marconi 20:53, March 1, 2018 (UTC)
I disagree with your suggestion to delete Circus Cats. It exists so someone can look up 'circus cats' and then see all the models which were named 'circus cats' (in this case, just one) and then be sent to a link for all the Baja Breaker models. Same goes for the Redlinerand AMX/2 Pages or the Black Lightning and Turbo Streak Pages. The main page will have all the models based on that casting, no matter the name (which I'm still getting around to). Just my opinion, would like to hear your reasoning. If not this, maybe create a redirect? --Reeceracing (talk) 00:09, April 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe a deletion is too extreme but possible. Maybe a redirect page would be better, like it was done with Hulk and Red Hulk. Red Hulk became a redirect page to Hulk. Captain America Van should be merged into GMC Motorhome. AMX/2 and its variations also should be merged, Black Lightning into Turbo Streak.Tonny6660 (talk) 01:17, April 15, 2018 (UTC)
Difference between & and http://hotwheels.wikia.com/index.php?title=1979_Ford_Truck&diff=208294&oldid=208083 Heads up Mach 5 (talk) 00:07, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
- Are we not allowed to use '&'? If so, that's a dumb rule. Everyone knows what it means and it takes up less space in the table, especially in the Tampo section. --Reeceracing (talk) 01:51, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
Customs in Galleries
Stephan has said many times that the casting pages should only be for unmodified vehicles and that with how popular customising is, if customs were allowed, the gallery would be filled with pictures of customs. It could also cause confusion whether a car pictured was a legitimate car or not. --Reeceracing (talk) 01:25, May 25, 2018 (UTC)
- I agree 1000%. The cars on galleries and thumbs should be only original cars, unaltered by "customizers". Posting "customized" cars on the galeries can mislead collectors. Remember, Mattel uses the adjective "Custom" many times to name its vehicles. If anyone wants to add customized pics of their cars, they should only do it in their own blog page within this WIKI, and still, I have my reservations about that. Having said this, that Customized Maverick is a splendid job! 1steditionman (talk) 03:36, May 25, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think it is a problem when customs are on the gallery but never on the tables, this would really cause problems.Tonny6660 (talk) 15:56, May 25, 2018 (UTC)
Toy # under versions
Hello Tonny6660. You deleted the toy number I entered in for a couple of castings, is there a reason? Those toy numbers are printed on the base of the cars, such as the Metalflake Purple Nissan_Skyline_GT-R_R33, the toy number on the bottom is FJV51, just like the Blue version. You also deleted the toy number from the Treasure Hunt version of '17 Audi RS 6 Avant that I added, which is FJW00. Please let me know if I did something wrong.
- Hello Skingld. Those numbers I delete are from the first release of them. They will be there every time they are released. It's happening in many castings, when there is space for, it started 3 or 4 years ago. Before adding those number take a look on the back of their cards.Tonny6660 (talk) 01:37, August 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Most of my collection is loose cars, which I don't have the cards for anymore. From now on, I'll try to pay attention to save those newer toy #s, as I am compiling a database for myself, which contains much of the same info as this wiki. Skingld (talk) 03:45, August 26, 2018 (UTC)
Links - Internal vs external
Do not move my series pages
Do not move my series pages into larger lists. They are formatted that way for a reason. Not sure why you did that. You can go add whatever Batman stuff to this page: Batman_(theme) This is a test 86 (talk) 03:46, May 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Sure not doing that, but why to make a new page for every year a specific mainline series comes out? I don't get it. Should the same be done with Pop Culture, Marvel Character Cars, DC Character Cars, Star Wars Character Cars or Star Wars Starships
Hi, is any page can I review about how to use the "Add Categories" or the rules about this topic ? Tnks !!
- Hello my friend, I really don't know any page like that but you can search through the site or you can talk to Adminitrators. I'm sure they can help you a lot. Tonny6660 (talk) 17:22, November 9, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for adding the collection page. I’ve got the first 6 cars added to their casting pages. I’ll have the last 4 tonight or tomorrow.
Going forward, the collector number format in the casting pages will be "XXX/250" or "XXX/365" per how it is formatted on current packaging. Do not undo what I have changed. This is a test 86 (talk) 22:13, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
- Change it this way? Who decided this? Its just 7 characters info, it should use the smaller amount of space as possible.
- P.S.: collector number & series number are formated in a horizontal line in cards since I don't know when. This format will use as much space as tampo colunm. This is a waste of space for this info. Tonny6660 (talk) 22:21, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
2010 version entries
I'm not sure what you did for 2010 mainline entries in the past, but they're all messed up. Why would you leave one color as a "US" version, and then another recolor as the "INT" version? That makes no sense. And as for this example:
- Hello. I don't know how made those entries, indeed it's a mess. I set things up like this: XXX/240 (USA) YYY/214 (INT), whith skip line command & link to 2010 international mainline page. Tonny6660 (talk) 00:49, February 9, 2020 (UTC)
- I may have made some mistakes as you say. I didn't notice some those US exclusives, those I did I inserted XXX/240 & store name exclusive. Some of those mistakes were also made by others, I don't know & also don't care to know. So please STOP saying those mistakes are all mine. Best regard my friend. Tonny6660 (talk) 01:25, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
- I don't remember exactly what I did on every 2010 mainline I edited, it was done long ago. I'm sure I tried to make clear that there was common colors for USA & International mainlines, USA stores exclusives. If I failed on that, what can I do? I know I tried. Feel free to fix anywhere you may find an error done by me and/or others. Best regards.Tonny6660 (talk) 23:42, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
'68 Chevy Nova
- Hello my friend. I don't know what made think its from 2003, as the casting was released in 2004. Your Nova is a 2008 mainline, take a look here & here: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/catalog_items/chevy-nova-model-cars. Tonny6660 (talk) 00:50, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
Ok, I now realize that the 2003 on my car's baseplate is the copyright of the base plate, not car. My apologies and thanks for the site link as I will be using it to check my self before I mess up.
Different card number for newly added F-150
In response to your addition of new lines in 2009 Ford F-150, why does the total cars for newly added line with label "International Card" differs with the existing one?
Existing one = 114/240
Newly added with label "International Card" = 122/214
I thought the numbering in format XXX/YYY with YYY means total number of car design being published for that particular year, and in this case why does it different?
- In 2010 Mattel simply decided to make two different mainlines: one for the USA & other International with 240 & 214 (respectively) cars not counting color variations. They are the same thing in both collections, just differnent numbers. Once I put all those numbers together, with links & settings but somebody else decided to removed all that and set things like they are now. Tonny6660 (talk) 02:19, April 17, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you for your help on page : Base Codes (Chassis)
see you soon
Do not change formatting
- Hello my friend. I really want to know why put table width at 110%? At the beggining it was nice but it became an issue whe we need to deal with picture colunm. About Collection # colunm, I didn't know how to explain you my point of view at the time you simply started changing it. Some days ago I noticed the format you chose generates more empty spaces there than the one I just improved from previous editions done by other users. I would like to know the opinion of others AMDIN of this fandom. Tonny6660 (talk) 21:19, July 25, 2020 (UTC)
- Width is at 110% because there is not enough space width-wise to make the table look OK without it being cramped. What's the problem with the picture column? There is no problem. Empty spaces? If there is no collector number, the space will be blank. I repeat, do not change formatting. This is a test 86 (talk) 21:28, July 25, 2020 (UTC)
- Hello my friend. I think width at 100% or 110% will not solve the issue you mentioned. There is something I think is worst than that. Those useless spaces on both side of every page here, casting, series or personal page. The following image demonstrated what I'm talking about.
- This next image explains my point about the Collection # colunm I mentioned previously. Tonny6660 (talk) 22:21, July 26, 2020 (UTC)
Also, in the mainline between 2013-2015, the cars do not have series numbers, only collector numbers. Do not add any series numbers for those years. This is a test 86 (talk) 01:08, July 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Not an admin. Just a contributor. I don't like having to scroll-bar to see the image of the vehicles, but I like clean, uncluttered tables. It is a compromise we can all live with. I'm already getting used to the 110%. Please don't change this formatting. Let's devote out time and energy curating this WIKI. It needs a lot of work finding absent cars, talking about their history and describing them better.1steditionman (talk) 02:17, July 29, 2020 (UTC)
Based on the online sources I've seen Custom '62 Chevy Pickup 2011 STH is T3979
Unless they are both incorrect?
- Hello my friend. I took a look on the links you provided here. Actually they are correct, the toy# is T9739, the same on 2011 Treasure Hunts Series. Here you maybe changed misplaced the numbers. Tonny6660 (talk) 01:17, September 26, 2020 (UTC)
The Porsche Formula E Gen 2 Car
The Formula E Gen 2 Car, just like any F1/ Indy car casting is the same template used for any other manufacturing brand. In its description, this cars was for manufactures like Jaguar, Porsche, BMW, Mahindra, Nissan, Audi, BMW, DS and others. The first 3 variations to come out are not based on any specific formula car. But the 4th one is based on a Porsche brand Formula E Gen 2 Car. Thats why I added the category for "Porsche cars". I hope that makes sense.
Maybe in the near future other team's Formula E Gen 2 Car will come out featuring other different manufacturing brands.
- I understand your point, but the category "Porsche cars" is used only on vehicles made by Porsche. The same way other brand-named categories that should be used only on those brands. Tonny6660 (talk) 22:59, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
Blue Table Headers
Why are you making every table header blue? It doesn't look good, you should stop if there isn't a reason to change it.
- I'm doing it because the tradicional color on headers does not work on Dark theme. Letter and background are the same color, so they can't be read. If it does not look good, it's a matter of taste. Maybe it would be better if I put a darker blue. Tonny6660 (talk) 23:38, 5 September 2021 (UTC)