Editing Somebody Else's Comments
I saw where you had edited Big Bad Brad's comment to me the other day. We generally do not edit somebody else's comments because it is condidered bad form. If we allowed that kind of thing, a user that was up to no good could change another user's comment and make it look like they had said something they didn't actually say. So, please do not edit comments other than your own. Kenny HaarFager (talk) 10:02, March 29, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, that was good work you did on the Sol-Aire CX-4 page by standardizing all the pictures in the column on the table like that. Plus, good catch on the illegal picture being used for the 2000 Criss Cross Crash Set. Thanks. I see the illegal picture, from STD, is up for deletion. I'll go do that right now. Kenny HaarFager (talk) 22:22, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
I think it is improper to go editing other people's user page, perhaps it's not good etiquette. What do you feel? Perhaps you should ask the owner of the particular user page if it's all aright with him for anybody else to edit his own page first. Just trying to keep things running smoothly. HaarFager 00:18, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hello, and welcome to the Hot Wheels Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the '67 Plymouth GTX page.
Chances are, if you're here, you love Hot Wheels like we do. That's why we like to greet new users personally and provide a few handy suggestions to get them up to speed on how this particular wiki operates. In no time at all, you'll be helping to add to the knowledge base. And now for the tips:
- When leaving messages on discussion pages, always finish them by typing ~~~~. This automatically adds your username to the comment so everyone will know who it came from, and when.
- When making edits to pages, please leave a short note as to what it was you did. There is a space at the bottom of each page you're editing just for this feature. This helps the other users and the administrators so that they can know at a glance any new changes. You can see all the new changes yourself by clicking on the "recent changes" link found on the left of every page.
- You should always try to make new pages look like the pages already created. That way, they will all look uniform and the information they contain will always be in the same place. This makes it easier on everybody to find things.
- For information about how to do wiki-related things, check out the FAQ for more tricks.
- If you would like tips on photographing Hot Wheels, just about anything you might need to know can be found by clicking on this link: Tips On How To Photograph Hot Wheels.
Enjoy the Hot Wheels Wiki!
I'm glad you like my uploads of cars. I'm new to this. I started collecting Hot Wheels for my great nephews. I found the Wikia Hot Wheels page looking for lists and thought it would be fun to add my own concept to them. I will gladly let you know when I upload more. At the moment I have done all the 2012 cars I have. I'll be shopping for more this weekend though and I am looking at new creative ways in the design theme for the cars. I'll let you know when more go up. Thanks again...=)
I re-posted 2 I had already posted. I changed the theme to them to reflect their designation
Thanks for the info, I see what you mean about replacing an old file with a new
I hope you had a great Christmas. I uploaded 8 more cars. I hope you like
I uploaded 2 more this morning 12/30/11....=)
Yes I understand all that Legal stuff, being an artist all my life, I've ran into that quite a bit, never on the bad side, I even knew a few Reps from Warner and Disney Companies, they patroled the big beaches, i.e Myrtle Beach, Panama, etc. They were always looking for airbrush artists making money off their characters, which I don't blame them, I wouldn't want anyone stealing and making money off my stuff either. That legal stuff goes quite deep to, they can get you for a photo if they want. But their main focus is on those that are making a profit off them.
I don't want any problems, thats not why I came here, Tzuta seemed concerned about the use of logo's. no problem, I just stopped using them on the uploads to the gallery, they are still on my personal computer saves though. The rest is me, or stuff I do have permission to use, I wish I could have uploaded some of the ones I added animation to. Those are cool. I do alot of playing in Paint shop Pro and animation shop. This whole thing started with that zaba bloom or whatever his name is, flat out not liking my pics. And thats fine, I have dealt with critisim before, he wasn't the first, won't be the last.But even after I stopped using the logos, he was still leaving messages on my talk page. I can handle critisim, it's idiot's I can't. But as I told Tzuta, I'm not here to make problems, just to have some fun and showcase some cars my way. But I will move on if it's a problem. Normally, I wouldn't, people like maha zoom, are way to fun for me to mess with. But this is a great little community, I'd rather just leave then kick the hornrt's nest here.
I do thank you and Tzuta for your help and support though.
The Haters are easy enough to ignore, I was just trying to avoid any problems. I noted on my profile I have a slide show of my stuff, do I have you to thank for that?
SFXMan45 03:17, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah I know those last posts I did were not all true Exclusives. The 86 Monte Carlo SS is a 2012 HW Performance car. I was just going by the box and the cars that I got in that box. I did note when I bought that, that other boxes that were also Exclusive Deco's had different cars in them, I actually chose that box for the 86 Monte Carlo SS and a couple of the other cars. If you think that will be confusing information on the site, please remove them, I don't wanna mess up any info or confuse anyone. Thanks...=)
SFXMan45 02:59, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry WikiWoman, I thought you were an administrator. My bad
this is what you posted on my talk page back in December:
Love your work Dude! Drop a note on my page when you upload new stuff and I can get to them quicker. I just happened to be on today.
WikiWoman62 00:59, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
Today I get a message from you saying you don't like what I do? Did I miss something somewhere?
SFXMan45 01:19, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
From my page:
Seriously? You thought that was me?
Actually No I didn't think that was you. It didn't make sense. Your well spoken, that message didn't really make sense, and read like someone with broken english, thats why I replied to you the way I did, more in a question. I had a feeling it was someone else. I wanted to give you a heads up, I probably should have just said someone was using your name and showed you what they posted. Sorry about that.
SFXMan45 02:26, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I used to work for Mattel and the website. I used to do the Pic of the Day. I was HWMike. I hven't been very active on there for a few years. I am getting rid of my collection.
Okay. Now I am curious. No, I got rid of AOL years ago. PM's = personal messages? I wouldn't know how to get on there any more it has been so long. Do we know each other?
I used to use the Hot Wheels Chat boards on AOL. I was email@example.com back then. Boy, times have changed. I remember spending hours talking to everyone. Do people still go to chat boards? Do they still exist? LOL :oD
Rootes66hotwheels 23:45, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
I don't mind at all!
In fact I welcome any and all help!
Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply, I was on vacation.
What I don't welcome are intrusions by budinskis like the one above. He's on some power trip and a bit clueless. A dangerous mix.
I've reviewed some of your work and I see you've got no pics but yet you've threaded many others that don't seem to know how or want to. I wonder why. I also wonder why the great one sees fit to haress some while there are pictures being uploaded and not used in the hundreds, some obvious fodder for photobucket and NOT for a wiki on HW's.
Keep up the good work,
You married? :;
- 69 Chevy, what is your problem? Do you have enough intelligence to explain it succinctly? HaarFager 07:36, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- sorry, I just tried to help. I didn't mean to step into a war. Could you boys please have it somewhere else than my talk page?
- And I am VERY happily married, thank you. I now wonder how good of an idea it is to let my boys play here.
- WikiWoman62 06:28, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry that he had to bring his problem here to your talk page. What he doesn't understand is that there is no "war." I'm only doing my Administrative duties. You can already see what his character is like by his hitting on you on the Hot Wheels Wiki. This is not a social network, but an online database to catalog Hot Wheels. I'm trying to do my best as an Administrator and all he can do is complain. Perhaps people like that user have no place here. Sorry about the troubles. I realize you were only trying to help, but people's own user pages are generally things that don't get edited by other users. You could see how it might cause some friction. That's all I was trying to bring to your attention. You will note that I didn't actually tell you that you could not do it, only that maybe it wasn't proper. He continues to resort to name calling and referring what Administrators do as "butting in." I will take care of that user. Sorry about the mixup, there was no ire directed toward you. At least, not from me. Keep on editing the Hot Wheels Wiki and make sure you have fun! Kenny HaarFager 06:51, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
Watch what you post!
When you wrote on my page (Daniel7196), and your title of your post was offensive and inappropriate due to the fact I'm 10 years of age and I'm part German. Nazi!; is that good! I'd like you to watch what you post on my page. Please, it hurts my feelings. -Daniel7196
It's not about that
The word 'Nazi' doesn't make me quit Wikia. It's just me being teased all over this website and it makes me feel so down about what I do. I joined HW Wiki because I take pride in what I collect. I feel this website is about collecting, sharing, and having fun about Hot Wheels but I stand corrected. I made a lot of mistakes on this website but no one is perfect. And what do I get?: Blockings and scouldings. I made many edits but they weren't good. It put me down when people stared posting negative things on my talk page. Take a look and see what I mean. -Daniel7196
I'll face it!
Your last messages made me feel better. I'll keep editing, but not often. I'll do minor fixes but no pictures (unless it's for the gallery) and no major changes (like new pages and add-ons). Much of this is not your fault. Thanks. -Daniel7196
I notice that whenever I post advice to you here on your talk page that you never respond to me. Why is that? I take time out of my busy day to help users understand how to properly use this wiki and all I get for it is no response. That doesn't seem very nice or polite. Administrator Kenny HaarFager (talk) 15:32, June 28, 2017 (UTC)
I'm sorry I could not reply sooner - we went to the lake for the 4th and I didn't bring my laptop. As soon as things settle down I will address your comments with the attention they deserve. WikiWoman62 (talk) 16:04, July 5, 2017 (UTC)